“TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT”
A juried exhibition at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
Opening on September 9th 2016
The aim of this exhibit is to give some exposure to the wonderful photographic talent we have in SW Nova.
We are making every attempt to keep the process as simple as possible. There are no restrictions on camera equipment, age or experience. It’s wide open. If you have a great shot, submit it!
1. Participants must live in the SW Nova Tri-Counties: Digby, Yarmouth, or Shelburne.
2. Each participant is eligible to submit up to 6 images. Participants may choose which category each image will be entered in. Example: You may enter all six images in one category, or one image in each category, or any combination you prefer.
3. You may do basic adjustments like cropping, straightening, adjusting exposure etc. Heavily manipulated images will not be accepted for consideration.
4. Entries will be emailed to [email protected]
5. Deadline for entries is August 5 at midnight, as we need time for judging and printing.
6. How to submit:
Submit .jpg images, at least 300 dpi, roughly 11 x 15.
We want the judges to be looking at the same quality and size of image.
Use a 4:3 ratio if that size works for your image. But we know some images
work better as a square, or as a 9 x 16. That’s just fine, too.
The final, selected images will be framed in black, 16 x 20, wooden frames with
white matts. Matts may be in other sizes, but the frame size will be constant to
give a professional look to the exhibit.
7. The Exhibit:
Successful participants will be asked to get their image printed. There is no
budget for this show, so it will have to be a co-operative effort.
I have 24 black frames which I will loan out.
We will not print on canvas for this Exhibit, in an effort to keep it uniform. Contact i
SueHutchins Phone: 902-742-6382
email: [email protected] I’m on FB as Susan Hutchins
Step 1: Let Sue know you are interested
Step 2: Once you have your images chosen, send me an email containing the following information:
Full Name: _______________________________________
Postal Code _______________________
!. Title, file number, and Category
2. Title, file number, and Category
3. Title, file number, and Category
4. Title, file number, and Category
5. Title, file number, and Category
6. Title, file number, and Category
_____ Yes, I will be willing to get my piece printed, if a piece of mine is chosen for the Exhibit.
More information on printing specifics once the judging has been done.